Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ely Buendia Now In Stable Condition!

The Eraserheads Reunion is all over the radio and TV. I was shocked when I found out that Ely collapsed in the middle of the Reunion concert. I want to know the details on what actually happened to him despite of knowing that he had heart surgeries and heart attacks in the past. I'd like to share this article which gives detailed information on what really happened to Mr. Ely Buendia.

Ely Buendia is in stable condition and fans of the legendary Eraserheads frontman can now have a collective sigh of relief.

"He's ok. Please don't worry," assured Pupil co-manager Day Cabuhat to PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) in a short text message sent last August 30. Buendia was rushed to the Makati Medical center last August 30, after reportedly experiencing chest pains while in the middle of the Eraserheads' 20-minute break during the band's highly anticipated reunion concert held at the Fort Bonifacio Global City open field in Taguig City.

According to some of the accounts given by close friends who were present backstage, Buendia reportedly collapsed and had to be put on a stretcher. In a TV interview after the concert, bandmates Raimund Marasigan, Buddy Zabala, and Marcus Adoro said that they saw Buendia being attended by paramedics with his blood pressure being chacked. Minutes later, they saw the singer-song writer being rushed to an ambulance.

Without their main singer, the three remaining band members accompanied by Ely's sister, Lally, were left without no choice but to face the thousands of fans who were anxiously waiting for the second set. They announced the concert's cancellation and asked everyone to offer a minute of silence for Buendia.

Ely had gone through heart surgery early last year after suffering a heart attack in an out-of-town gig with his current band, Pupil. But his recent health dilemma was being linked to stress and fatigue factors. Two days before the reunion concert, Ely's mother, Lisette Buendia, passed away. That combined with all the stress and pressure leading to the actual concert apparently took its toll on the enigmatic frontman. Also, on the same day of the event, the Eraserheads went to the venue to conduct a sound check and a final rehersal which reportedly lasted until 3 a.m.

A close friend of the band theorized that Ely's unstable emotional state combined with the stress of having to deliver in front of rabid fans perhaps overwhelmed Buendia causing his health to breakdown in the face of gnawing pressure.

No comments: