Thursday, May 15, 2008

How Lucky Are You??



This afternoon I was searching for interesting documentaries about children on Youtube because I want to come up with a short story for another filmmaking project proposal to my boyfriend (Micromedia Production Film Director). This video really touched my heart. I am so sad and heartbroken when I saw the video.

This video was posted by a guy named Parccruz. The video shows the pictures of the Aeta natives living in Mt. Pinatubo, Pampanga. According to Parccus, this Natives used to live within the surrounding of the volcano. When Mt. Pinatubo erupted in the early 90's leaving a catastrophic effect, the natives were forced to come down. They refused to adapt urban ways of living and came back to Mt Pinatubo and continue to live in poverty.

They face racism and discrimination. I wonder what the government is doing to help them save from poverty? or does the government extend help to these people? If you will look on the reality side, No one seem to give attention to them and they are poorly treated by our own government. They badly need our help!

The reason why I am posting this video here is for you to see it and make you realize that you are luckier than other people. After seeing the video, you might want to help save them from poverty just like the way I do.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=2a05f21d7a02e5976dd5241bd47fd6fb